Seminar in Modeling for Public Health
The Seminar in Modeling for Public Health is a year-long, monthly elective course, targeted most specifically to students in the Public Health Modeling Concentration but open to all interested members of the Yale community. The seminar features talks by faculty from across Yale University doing modeling-related research, as well as invited speakers from other universities and public health agencies. The objectives of the course are to offer students the opportunity to:
- Witness the scope and range of questions in public health policy and practice that may be addressed, understood, and informed using model-based approaches.
- Appreciate the breadth of public health modeling research being conducted around the University and beyond.
- Explore possible collaborations/relationships with other scholars and professionals.
- Review, critique, and evaluate model-based public health research in a structured environment.
- Form their own opinions regarding the applicability, relevance, and responsible use of modeling methods.
The Seminar in Public Health Modeling is a no-credit requirement for students in the Public Health Modeling Concentration. Students in the Concentration must register for the Seminar during at least two semesters of enrollment. For each class, 1-2 readings will be circulated/posted on the course website prior to the talk. Students are encouraged to read the articles and articulate questions for the speaker.
View past and upcoming seminar events below.
Public Health Modeling Seminar - Upcoming
Public Health Modeling Seminar - Past
Yale OnlyKai Chen, PhD EveryoneC. Brandon Ogbunu Everyone EveryoneAlyssa Bilinski, PhD EveryoneDouglas K. Owens, M.D EveryoneSarah Cobey, PhD Organization OnlySamuel V. Scarpino, PhD EveryoneReza Yaesoubi, PhD Yale OnlyStephanie Spangler, MD RestrictedEben Kenah Yale OnlyDaniel Weinberger, PhD EveryoneCorwin Zigler EveryoneNatasha Martin, DPhil EveryoneEleanor J. Murray, ScD EveryoneStephane Verguet,MS, MPP, PhD EveryoneNicolas Menzies EveryoneNicholas C.Grassly, PhD Everyone EveryoneLance Waller EveryoneKrishna Reddy, MD, MS EveryonePejman Rohani, PhD EveryoneAlison L. Hill, PhD EveryoneAnkur Pandya, PhD EveryoneLesley Meng, MPH, PhD EveryoneAmy Wesolowski, PhD EveryoneHoward H. Chang, PhD EveryoneCaroline Colijn, PhD EveryoneJeffrey Shaman, PhD