Online Executive Master of Public Health
Online Executive MPH
The Executive Master of Public Health is an innovative, hybrid program that blends comprehensive online education with in-person management and leadership training on the Yale campus, creating a unique and powerful educational experience. Taught by top faculty from the Yale School of Public Health, the Yale School of Medicine, and additional experts in their fields and employing state-of-the-art tools and technology, the program aims to train professionals who seek to acquire a strong public health education, advanced training in their area of interest, and hands-on public health and leadership training.
Designed from the ground up for working health professionals, the hybrid online program provides extensive training in leadership and management, a broad foundation in public health, specialized knowledge in areas critical to health promotion and disease prevention, and a year-long integrative experience that enables students to apply what they have learned to a real-world public health problem.
The two-year, part-time program is open to students with:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least four years of relevant work experience, OR
- A master’s degree and at least two years of relevant work experience, OR
- A doctoral (or international equivalent) degree in a field related to public health (e.g., physicians, dentists, podiatrists, pharmacists, veterinarians, attorneys, and those with a doctorate in the biological, behavioral, or social sciences)
The program offers four tracks:
- Health Informatics
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Applied Analytic Methods and Epidemiology
- Critical Topics in Public Health
All students are required to indicate one track when applying. You may also select a second track during your first year or combine courses from the remaining tracks as electives to meet the six-course requirement. You may request to change tracks in the spring term of your first year.
This program is open to students who will be residing in the United States, Canada, or Mexico while participating in the program.