Practice- and community-based research and initiatives
- The Renew Study collaborates with several local treatment centers, and incorporates substance-use counseling students from Gateway Community College in a formal internship partnership to provide further connections and dissemination to the community.
- YSPH researchers are collaborating with the VA to decrease suicide risk in veterans through the engagement of their significant others, as well as minimizing access to means for lethal suicide. This work can aid in ending the increasing numbers of suicides in veterans, and lead to practice changes to implement the interventions. In addition, the research includes a model for collaboration with and engagement of civilian treatment services.
- YSPH is collaborating on several randomized controlled trials to improve the implementation of maternal mental health services and suicide prevention, alongside local health systems and the communities they serve in Nepal and Pakistan.
- YSPH is collaborating on a nationwide quality-improvement initiative to increase the quality and uptake of maternal and neonatal health services in Ethiopia.
- The Yale LGBTQ Mental Health Initiative works toward improving the mental health of LGBTQ populations in the US and around the world.
- The Elevate Policy Lab addresses mental health is a crucial public-sector strategy to interrupt intergenerational poverty.