Summer Research Experience in Environmental Health (SREEH)
The Department of Environmental Health Sciences offers a unique opportunity to a group of 20 students (10 will focus on Alzheimer’s Disease) who are currently enrolled in Connecticut colleges and universities to attend an eight-week research program. The experience is meant to motivate and prepare a diverse group of undergraduate students to pursue higher education and careers on the leading edge of environmental health sciences by introducing them to six major emerging topics and research tools:
- Climate and energy impacts on health
- Developmental origins of human disease
- Green chemistry solutions
- Understanding and overcoming environmental health disparities
- Novel approaches to assessing environmental exposures and early biomarkers of effect
- Applications and implications in major human diseases (e.g. cancer and COVID-19)
How to Apply:
College freshman and sophomore applicants (entering sophomore and junior years) are encouraged to apply for the SREEH program. Applications include resumes, transcripts, recommendation letters, a personal statement with research interests and diversity statements.
Online applications from students open on 02/01/2022 and close on 04/30/2022 via our web page. Upon completion of the review period, acceptance notifications will be sent on May 15, 2022. Students are expected to attend all 8 weeks of the program.