Career Support When You Need It
A Yale public health degree is interdisciplinary and opens up a wide variety of career options in the healthcare field.
The Career Management Center (CMC) is committed to helping students discover and pursue their individual career paths through:
- Expert, individualized career guidance, coaching and advice
- Access to a wide network of public health professionals
- Latest career management technology to help connect you with opportunities
- Intensive professional skills and leadership development – the Professional Skills Series
- Alumni networking and mentorship, career trecks, weekly newsletter
Professional Skills Series
All Yale MPH students will have the opportunity to participate in a unique leadership and communications skills building program called the Professional Skills Series. Both virtual and in-person sessions are held throughout the academic year and incorporate individualized professional coaching, guided peer to peer learning, and facilitated break out groups that allow participants to practice new skill sets.
A wide variety of trainings are available, and students may choose the options most relevant to their particular career journey. Some of the topics covered are:
- resume & cover letter creation
- effective business correspondence
- interviewing – case, behavioral and informational
- public speaking
- job or internship ship search strategies
What Some of Our Students are Saying
"The PSS events have provided me with great support….and covered all the important components of the application process, including decoding a job posting, building a LinkedIn profile, writing a cover letter, and building your resume, etc. When I first began my master's study, I didn't have a clear idea about how to start my internship search and application. These events offered thorough guidance for me to understand what I needed to prepare and how I could strengthen my application materials. I am very grateful that we are provided with such a great resource."
– Juanyi Tan (CDE Class of 2023)
"The Professional Skills Series gave me the necessary information to successfully navigate my internship search and prepared me to excel during my interviews. The Polishing Essential Communication Skills module was a great opportunity to practice speaking confidently and articulate my previous experiences into transferable skills for professional contexts."
– Anna Hallowell (Class of 2023)
Make an appointment