Public Health Modeling Concentration
For Students who Expect to Graduate in 2023
Public Health Modeling Concentration Course Requirements (4 course units)
Students must complete at least one of the following introductory courses:
- EMD 553 Transmission Dynamic Models for Understanding Infectious Diseases - 1 unit
- HPM 570 Cost-Effectiveness Analysis and Decision Making - 1 unit
Students must complete at least one of the following intermediate courses:
- HPM 573 Advanced Topics in Modeling Health Care Decisions - 1 unit
- BIS 534 Stochastic models and inference for the biomedical and social sciences (*This course not offered Fall 2019.) - 1 unit
- EMD 538 Quantitative Methods for Infectious Disease Epidemiology - 1 unit
Students must complete a total of at least three of the five courses listed above.
Students must complete the following two course requirements:
- EPH 520 Summer Internship (a substantive modeling component is required) - 0 units
- EPH 580 and 581 Seminar for Modeling in Public Health (two semesters) - 0 units
Students must complete one additional elective course chosen from the list of pre-approved elective courses.