The behavioral science and health communications classes I took have come in handy in terms of framing messages and understanding how to create strategies to reach different people.
Competencies - Global Health Concentration
Laying a Foundation
When you graduate from YSPH, you have options! Our curriculum is closely mapped to the core and departmental competencies so that you will have a foundation in the skills you need for a successful career in public health. See our Career Management Center pages to see where our alumni live and work after completing their MPH studies.
Each student in the Global Health Concentration will master the core curriculum competencies and the competencies for the student’s department or program. In addition, upon receiving an M.P.H. degree in the Global Health Concentration, the student will be able to:
- Describe global burden of disease patterns across world regions and population characteristics
- Analyze the roles, relationships and resources influencing the United States role in global heath governance and infrastructure
- Propose sustainable, evidence-based solutions to address key global health challenges
- Apply ethical approaches in global health research and practice
- Apply monitoring and evaluation techniques to global health programs, policies or outcomes
- Display skills in applying research to global health policy and practice