Requirements - Quantitative Specialization
All courses count as 1 credit unless otherwise noted.
MS Required Courses for Quantitative Specialization (9 course units)
- EMD 525 Seminar in Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases - 0 units
- EMD 526 Seminar in Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases - 0 units
- BIS 623 Advanced Regression Models
- BIS 630 Applied Survival Analysis
- EMD 517 Principles of Infectious Disease I
- EMD 518 Principles of Infectious Disease II
- EMD 553 Transmission Dynamic Models OR EMD 539 Introduction to the analysis and Interpretation of Public Health Surveillance Data
- EMD 538 Quantitative Methods for Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- EPH 508 Foundations of Epidemiology and Public Health
- EPH 608 Frontiers of Public Health (in 2023-24, students will take EPH 537E) *
- Capstone: EMD 625 How to Develop, Write, and Evaluate an NIH Proposal OR EMD 563 Laboratory and Field Studies in Infectious Diseases
MS Electives in Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases (1 course unit)
Suggested electives include: EMD 531, EMD 537, EMD 541, EMD 546, EMD 580 and EMD 582. Alternative electives may be approved in consultation with student’s advisor and DGS.
* Students entering the program with an MPH or relevant graduate degree may be exempt from this requirement.