Postdoctoral Associate Position in Environmental Health Sciences
A Postdoctoral Associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Ying Chen at the Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Yale School of Public Health, Connecticut, USA. Dr. Chen’s research focus is the mechanistic understanding of redox biology in liver diseases as a function of environmental and/or dietary stressors. The goal of the main research project is to elucidate novel roles of redox-modulated posttranslational modifications (PTMs) of liver proteome in the pathogenesis of AFLD.
The position will involve leading alcohol research that includes ethanol exposures in vivo and in vitro, liver histopathology, molecular studies of oxidative stress, protein-protein interaction, PTMs (including phosphorylation and O-GlcNAcylation), and omics approach (RNASeq and proteomics). The Postdoctoral Associate will have opportunities to apply for internal or external grant funding.
Qualifications (SKILLS/EDUCATION & RESEARCH REQUIREMENTS)
- PhD in Life Sciences
- Good mastery of wet lab biology techniques (e.g. PCR, Q-PCR, Western Blot, IP and Co-IP, ELISA, cell culture)
- Expertise in animal study of liver injury, lipid metabolism, protein PTMs and proteomics
- Enthusiastic about science and driven to succeed
- Good speaking and writing skills in scientific English
- Ideally: knowledge of O-GlcNAcylation signaling and redox biology ;
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for 3 professional references.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Chen.
Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Yale values diversity among its students, staff, and faculty and strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.