Explore books and articles recommended by Yale School of Public Health faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- "Coming Out as Dalit: A Memoir" by Yashica Dutt
- "Contagious Divides: Epidemics and Race in San Francisco's Chinatown" by Nayan Shah
- "Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-first Century" edited by Alice Wong
- "Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning" by Cathy Park Hong
- "They Called Us Enemy" by George Takei
- "The Latinos of Asia: How Filipino Americans Break the Rules of Race" by Anthony Christian Ocampo
- "American Born Chinese" by Gene Luen Yang
- "Front Desk" by Kelly Yang
- "Leaves of the Banyan Tree" by Albert Wendt
- "Pachinko" by Min Jin Lee
- "Severance" by Ling Ma
Galinsky AM, Simile C, Zelaya CE, Norris T, Panapasa SV. Surveying Strategies for Hard-to-Survey Populations: Lessons From the Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander National Health Interview Survey. Am J Public Health. 2019 Oct;109(10):1384-1391. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2019.305217. Epub 2019 Aug 15. PMID: 31415207; PMCID: PMC6727300
Wu B, Arslanian KJ, Nyhan K, Suss R, Mahoney M, McElfish PA, Muasau-Howard BT, Ekeroma A, Hawley NL. Preterm birth among Pacific Islanders in the United States and the US-affiliated Pacific Islands: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Birth. 2023 Apr 14. doi: 10.1111/birt.12713. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37060205.
Daiy K, Arslanian K, Choy C, Manuele-Magele A, Soti-Ulberg C, Hromi-Fiedler A, Hawley N, Pérez-Escamilla R. Consensus-building during the Becoming Breastfeeding Friendly (BBF) initiative in Samoa: A qualitative content analysis. PLOS Glob Public Health. 2023 Apr 24;3(4):e0001725. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgph.0001725. PMID: 37093783; PMCID: PMC10124882.
Choy CC, Johnson W, Duckham RL, Naseri T, Soti-Ulberg C, Reupena MS, Braun JM, McGarvey ST, Hawley NL. Prediction of fat mass from anthropometry at ages 7 to 9 years in Samoans: a cross-sectional study in the Ola Tuputupua'e cohort. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2023 Apr;77(4):495-502. doi: 10.1038/s41430-022-01256-6. Epub 2023 Jan 9. PMID: 36624192; PMCID: PMC7614464.
LaMonica LC, McGarvey ST, Rivara AC, Sweetman CA, Naseri T, Reupena MS, Kadiamada H, Kocher E, Rojas-Carroll A, DeLany JP, Hawley NL. Cascades of diabetes and hypertension care in Samoa: Identifying gaps in the diagnosis, treatment, and control continuum - a cross-sectional study. Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2021 Nov 23;18:100313. doi: 10.1016/j.lanwpc.2021.100313. PMID: 35024652; PMCID: PMC8669362.