Explore books and articles recommended by Yale School of Public Health faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- "Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia" by Sabrina Strings
- "Fighting for Life" by S. Josephine Baker
- "Heart Berries" by Terese Marie Mailhot
- "How We Get Free: Black Feminism and the Combahee River Collective" edited by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
- "I’m Telling the Truth but I'm Lying" by Bassey Ikpi
- "Inferior: How Science Got Women Wrong - and the New Research That’s Rewriting the Story" by Angela Saini
- "Know My Name" by Chanel Miller
- "Open Wide the Freedom Gates: A Memoir" by Dorothy Height
- "The Other Side of Silence" by Urvashi Butalia
- "Under the Skin: The Hidden Toll of Racism on American Lives and on The Health of Our Nation" by Linda Villarosa
- "Kindred" by Octavia E. Butler
- "Parable of the Sower" by Octavia E. Butler
- "The Beadworkers" by Beth Piatote
- "The God of Small Things" by Arundhati Roy
- "The Wall" by Marlen Haushofer
- "When We Were Sisters" by Fatimah Asghar
- Goddard-Durant, S. K., Doucet, A., Tizaa, H., & Sieunarine, J. A. (2022, August 5). A decolonizing, intersectional, Black feminist approach to young Black Caribbean-Canadian mothers’ resilience. Journal of Family Studies, 1–21.
- Gogovor, A., Zomahoun, H. T. V., Ekanmian, G., Adisso, É. L., Deom Tardif, A., Khadhraoui, L., Rheault, N., Moher, D., & Légaré, F. (2021). Sex and gender considerations in reporting guidelines for health research: A systematic review. Biology of Sex Differences, 12(1), 62.
- Janko. (2013). Elouise Cobell: A Small Measure of Justice. American Indian Magazine, 14(2).
- Kostas-Polston, E.A., Witkop, C.T., Degutis, L.C., Rosenbaum, S., Wood, S.F. (2023, March - April). Assuring TRICARE Coverage of Preventive Health Services for Women Beneficiaries of the Military Health System. Military Medicine, 188(1), 24–30.
- Soisson. (2023, February 21). How a Virginia Physician’s Abortion Nearly 50 Years Ago Helped Her Have the Family and Medical Career She Dreamed Of. Vadogwood.com.
- Witkop, C.T., Kostas-Polston, E.A, Degutis, L.C. (2023, March - April). Improving the Health and Readiness of Military Women. Military Medicine, 188(1), 8–14.
Submitted by Sabrina Lacerda Naia dos Santos on March 07, 2023