Research & Publications
Dr. Khoshnood is an Associate Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies at the Yale School of Public Health and executive committee member at Yale Council on Middle East Studies. He is co-founder of Yale Violence and Health Study Group and a faculty member of the Program on Conflict, Resiliency and Health at the Yale MacMillan Center. Dr. Khoshnood is trained as an infectious disease epidemiologist and has more than three decades of domestic and international experience in HIV prevention research among people who use drugs and other at-risk populations. Dr. Khoshnood's research interests include: 1) epidemiology and prevention of HIV/AIDS, 2) research ethics and 3) humanitarian health. His projects are primarily in China, Lebanon and Bhutan. Dr. Khoshnood teaches courses on public health ethics and global health and is developing a new course on humanitarian health.
Education & Training
- PhDYale University (1995)
- MPHYale University (1989)
- Bhutan Royal Institute of Health Sciences (RIHS) and Yale School of Public Health (YSPH) InitiativeBhutan 2012This program assist the Bhutan Royal Institute of Health Sciences with capacity building of faculty and public health research.
- Multidisciplinary HIV and TB Implementation Sciences Training in ChinaBeijing, China 2011The goals of the Multidisciplinary HIV and TB Implementation Sciences Training in China (China ICOHRTA2) are to build on the existing China ICOHRTA to further strengthen the capacity of the Chinese Center for Disease Control (CCDC) to conduct training in implementation science and to facilitate its establishment as a regional leader in research and training for HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment.
- Research Ethics Training and Curriculum Development Program with ChinaChangsha, China 2010This program is building on the success of our extensive collaborations with Central South University, Xiangya School of Medicine, a leading academic institution. The program is developing and disseminating graduate level curricula in research ethics, providing training to Chinese researchers and health professionals in multi-disciplinary research methodologies, bioethics and ethical review of research; offering intensive short-courses and workshops on research methods, grant and manuscript writing and selected research ethics topics; and, is enhancing human subjects protection and strengthening the capacity of IRBs at Xiangya School of Medicine and Yale University to review research protocols.