Past CMIPS Seminars and Events
- March 10, 2022: Lawrence Palinkas, PhD, Albert G. and Frances Lomas Feldman Professor of Social Policy and Health, Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work; Professor, Departments of Anthropology and Population and Public Health Sciences, University of Southern California, presents at CMIPS, “Innovations in Use of Mixed Methods in Implementation Research.” Virtual & In-Person Presentation. Co-sponsored by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Yale School of Public Health; the Yale Child Study Center, Yale School of Medicine; and the NIH T32 Training Grant “Implementation Science Research and Methods.”
- February 14, 2022: Dong (Roman) Xu, PhD, MPP, Professor of Global Health and Health Systems, Executive Deputy Director of Institute for Global Health, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China, presents at CMIPS, “Use PEDALs Model to Pedal for Implementation Research.” Virtual Presentation. Slides available here.
- December 1, 2021: Leith León-Maldonado, DPH, Researcher and Faculty Member in the Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes Mellitus, and Cancer Center for Population Health Research at the National Institute of Public Health of Mexico and Leticia Torres-Ibarra, DSc, Researcher and Faculty Member in the Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes Mellitus, and Cancer Center for Population Health Research at the National Institute of Public Health of Mexico, present at CMIPS “Experiences and Challenges in Implementing the Cervical Cancer Prevention Program in Mexico.” Virtual Presentation.
- November 17, 2021: Gila Neta, PhD, MPP, Epidemiologist and Program Director for Implementation Science in the Office of the Director, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences at the National Cancer Institute, presents at CMIPS, “Opportunities and Priorities for Dissemination and Implementation Research at the National Cancer Institute.” Virtual Presentation.
- November 3, 2021: Traci Abraham, PhD, Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Research Health Scientist and Medical Anthropologist at the Center for Mental Healthcare & Outcomes Research, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, presents at CMIPS “Using Rapid Qualitative Research Techniques to Identify Factors Impacting the Pace of Implementation.” Virtual & In-Person Presentation.
- October 6, 2021: Lingrui Liu, ScD, MS, Associate Research Scientist in Public Health, Research faculty member at the Yale School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management, Yale Scholar in Implementation Science at the Yale Center for Implementation Science and fellow at the Yale Center for Methods in Implementation and Prevention Science, presents at CMIPS “Qualitative Comparative Analysis: Applying to Research on Public Health Interventions.” Virtual Presentation.
- September 15, 2021: Archana Shrestha, PhD, Associate Professor in Department of Public Health at Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences and Assistant Professor Adjunct in the Department of Chronic Disease Epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, presents at CMIPS, “Opportunities and Challenges of Implementation Research to Prevent and Control Noncommunicable Disease in LMICs: The Nepal Experience.” Virtual & In-Person Presentation.
- June 30, 2021: Farooq Naeem, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry & Chief of General and Health Systems Psychiatry, University of Toronto & Center for Addiction and Mental Health, presents at CMIPS “National Dissemination and Implementation of Cognitive Behavior Therapy: An Example in Global Mental Health.”
- May 19, 2021: Echezona Ezeanolue, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, University of Nevada School of Community Health Sciences, presents at CMIPS “Building Implementation Research Capacity through North-South Collaboration.”
- April 28, 2021: Brian Mittman, PhD, Research Scientist, Division of Health Services Research & Implementation Science, Kaiser Permanente Research, presents at CMIPS “Addressing Heterogeneity and Adaptability in Multi-Component Implementation and HIV/AIDS Interventions: Emerging Frameworks for Research on Complex Health Interventions.”
- April 21, 2021: Purnima Menon, PhD, Senior Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute, presents at CMIPS “What Will It Take to Close the Circle? Reflections from Two Decades of Research on Programs to Improve Child Nutrition.”
- April 14, 2021: Yin Cao, ScD, Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Public Health Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, presents at CMIPS “Addressing the Rising Burden of Early-Onset Colorectal Cancer.”
- April 1, 2021: Vikram Patel, MBBS, PhD, Pershing Square Professor of Global Health and Welcome Trust Principal Research Fellow, Harvard Medical School, “Reimagining Mental Health Care in the US: Lessons from the Global South.”
- March 24, 2021: C Hendricks Brown, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern School of Medicine, presents at CMIPS “New Opportunities for Designing Implementation and Hybrid Implementation/Effectiveness Trials and Other Evaluations.”
- March 1, 2021: Terry Huang, PhD, Professor and Chair in Health Policy and Management, CUNY School of Public Health & Health Policy, presents at CMIPS “Systems Thinking and Obesity Prevention.”
- January 27, 2021: Hema Magge, MD, Senior Program Officer, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, presents at CMIPS “The Global Quality Chasm: What is the Role of Quality Improvement in Advancing Global Maternal and Newborn Health Equity and Scale?”
- December 16, 2020: Debbie Humphries, PhD, Instructor of Public Health Practice (Chronic Diseases), Yale School of Public Health, and Natasha Ray, The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, present at CMIPS “Learning from and Listening to Implementation Partners: Building on Partner Expertise to Enhance Implementation Science Research.”
- December 3, 2020: Carol Levin, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Global Health, University of Washington, “Strengthening Economic Evaluation of Multisectoral Complex Approaches for Improving Maternal and Child Nutrition: Application of the SEEMS Nutrition Approach.” Part 2 of a Two-Part Seminar.
- December 2, 2020: Eric Chen, PhD Candidate, Department of Statistics and Data Science, Yale University, presents “A Bayesian Approach to Estimate Population Impact Fraction with Exposure Measurement Error under the Internal Validation Design.”
- November 17, 2020: Doug Pyle, MBA, Vice President, International Affairs at American Society of Clinical Oncology, “ASCO and Global Oncology.”
- November 12, 2020: Leora Horwitz, MD, Director, Division of Healthcare Delivery Science, Department of Population Health Associate Professor of Population Health and Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, presents “Creating a Learning Health system: Challenges and Opportunities.”
- October 21, 2020: Carol Levin, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Global Health, University of Washington, “Strengthening Economic Evaluation of Multisectoral Complex Approaches for Improving Maternal and Child Nutrition.” Part 1 of a Two-Part Seminar.
- October 13, 2020: Chao Cheng, PhD Student, Department of Biostatistics, Yale School of Public Health, “An Evaluation of the Product Method for Estimating Natural Indirect Effect and Mediation Proportion in Epidemiological Studies.”
- September 23, 2020: LeShawndra Price, PhD, Chief, Health Inequalities and Global Health Center for Translation Research and Implementation Science National Heart, Lung, Blood Institute, presents at CMIPS “Cultivating Global Health Equity: Research and Research Capacity Building Supported by the NHLBI.”
- July 9, 2020: Ariunzaya Saranjav, MBChB; Christina Parisi, MPH; and Luke Davis, MD, MAS, present at CMIPS “Assessing Quality of Care in a High-Burden Setting: The Mongolia Zero TB Initiative” at 8:30am via Zoom.
- May 27, 2020: Colleen Chan, PhD student, Department of Statistics and Data Science, Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, presents at CMIPS "Improving the estimation of total effects when direct effects are provided in a meta-analysis" at 12pm via zoom here
- May 13, 2020: Jiachen Chen, MS candidate, Department of Biostatistics, Yale School of Public Health, presents at CMIPS "swdpwr: A SAS Macro and An R Package for Power Calculation in Stepped Wedge Cluster Randomized Trials" at 12pm via zoom here
- April 16, 2020: Elizabeth Rhodes, PhD, Postdoctoral Associate of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS), Yale School of Public Health, presents at SBS/CMIPS: "Using Peer Educators to Deliver a Worksite-based Lifestyle Program to Reduce Cardiometabolic Risk in India" at 12pm via zoom link here
- April 15, 2020: Mushfiq Mobarak, PhD, Director of the Yale Research Initiative on Innovation and Scale (Y-RISE) & Professor of Economics presents at HPM/CMIPS: "The Challenges of Scaling Effective Interventions: A Path Forward for Research and Policy" at 1pm via zoom link here
- April 9, 2020: Drew Cameron, PhD candidate, Health Policy, Graduate Student Researcher, UC Berkeley School of Public Health, CMIPS/HPM speaker series presents: "Price Anchoring or Positive Learning? Examining the Effect of Short-term subsidies for Potable water delivery using a Field experiment in Rural India" at 11am via zoom link here
- April 8, 2020: Corrina Moucheraud, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, CMIPS/HPM speaker series presents: "Integrated Care in High "Double Burden", Low Resource Settings: Using Implementation Science to Identify Opportunities and Challenges" at 12pm via zoom link here
- March 23, 2020: Meng Li, PhD, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, USC Schaeffer Center, presents at HPM and CMIPS: "Identfying Value in Cancer Care" at 12pm via zoom link here
- February 25, 2020: Jorge Salmerón, MD, Director, Academic Unit on Research and Epidemiology; Center for Research in Policy, Population and Health; National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico City, Mexico, presents at Yale Cancer Center (YCC) and CMIPS: "Cervical Cancer Control in Mexico: Progress and Challenges" at 12pm at the Smilow Auditorum, 55 Park St.
- January 29, 2020: Amy Kilbourne, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry at University of Michigan School of Medicine presents at Yale Center for Implementation Science (YCIS) and CMIPS:" Driving Sustainable Research Innovations in a Learning Health System through Implementation Strategies" at 12pm at The Anlyan Center, 300 Cedar St. (TAC Auditorium), N107
- December 2, 2019: Dr. Susan Murphy, PhD, Professor of Statistics at Harvard University, presents at YCIS and CMIPS: "Using Data to Inform Just-in-Time Adaptive Intervention Development in Digital Health"
- November 18-20, 2019: Dr. Malabika Sarker, PhD, Director of Center of Excellence for Science of Implementation & Scale Up at BRAC University, presents at CMIPS; presentation on 11/20/2019: “Implementation Research a Catalyst for Bridging the Knowledge Gap between Discovery to Delivery”
- November 6-8, 2019: Dr. Ria Reis, PhD, Associate Professor of Anthropology at University of Amsterdam presents at CMIPS; presentation on 11/08/2019: "The Transmission of Syndemic Vulnerability and Resilience Across Generations: A Mixed Method Approach"
- October 21, 2019: Lori DiPrete Brown's, MSPH, Associate Director of Global Health Institute at University of Wisconsin-Madison presents at YCIS and CMIPS: "The Science and Art of Change: Approaches to Innovation in Global Health and Development"
- October 16, 2019: Dr. Delivette Castor, PhD, Chief of the Implementation Science Branch at USAID, presents at YCIS and CMIPS: "Can we deliver?: Application of Implementation Science to inform scale-up of HIV prevention in low and middle income country settings"
- August 27, 2019: Dr. Sunila Shakya, MD, Assistant Professor of OB/GYN at Kathmandu University presents at CMIPS: "Cervical Cancer Prevention in Nepal: Opportunities and Challenges"
- August 26-30, 2019: Dr. Sunila Shakya, Assistant Professor of OB/GYN at Kathmandu University and Dr. Archana Shrestha, Adjunct Professor of CDE visit CMIPS
- August 15, 2019: CMIPS welcomed Dr. Elizabeth Rhodes, Post-doctorate Associate of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- August 1, 2019: CMIPS welcomed Dr. Ashley Hagaman, Assistant Professor of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- July 1, 2019: CMIPS welcomed Dr. Fan Li, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics