Climate Change and Health
Summer Internship Program
YCCCH funds summer internships related to climate change and health, with priority given to MPH students in the Climate Change and Health Concentration. Applications open in early spring semester.
Past internship projects and partner organizations include:
- California Department of Public Health’s Climate Change and Health Equity Unit. Project: California Climate Change and Health Data and Research Internship
- Community Engagement, Environmental Justice, and Health (CEEJH) Laboratory at the University of Maryland School of Public Health. Project: Climate and Health Equity Internship
- Connecticut Department of Public Health. Project: A Survey of Cooling Station Practices in Connecticut and Local Indicators of Climate and Health
- Connecticut Department of Public Health. Projects: Climate and Health: Vulnerable Infrastructure; Air Quality/Extreme Heat: Educational Curriculum; Climate Change Impacts: Asthma Levels; Food Security and Equity; Environmentally Safe Housing; Private Well Survey
- Connecticut Institute for Resilience and Climate Adaptation and Yale Center on Climate Change and Health. Project: Municipal Tools for Extreme Heat
- Dejusticia. Project: Health, air quality and climate change interlinkages with a human rights perspective
- Eastern Caribbean Health Outcome Research Network (ECHORN). Project: Feasibility and Acceptability of Emergency NCD Kits to address needs of people living with NCDs after natural disasters
- East Shore District Health Department. Project: Climate Change in Connecticut: A Research & Photojournalism Road Map to Awareness
- Equity and Environmental Justice-Adaptation Subcommittee of the Connecticut Governor’s Council on Climate Change. Project: Connecticut Climate Justice Internship
- Minnesota Department of Public Health. Project: Communications and Outreach Internship
- Montana Health Professionals for a Healthy Climate. Project: MontanaHPHC Program Administrator
- New Haven City Plan Department. Project: Planning for Climate and for Health
- Save the Sound. Project: Climate Justice and Health Training Initiative
- The Science Based Targets Network. Project: Building partnerships to reduce GHG emissions from food companies in China
- UNICEF. Project: Exploring UNICEF’s approach to Climate Change and Adolescent Mental Health
- WE ACT for Environmental Justice. Project: Northern Manhattan Cooling Center Audit
- Yale Center on Climate Change and Health. Project: Climate Change and Health Policy Impact Unit
- Yale Equity Research and Innovation Center. Project: A Plan to Reduce Non-Communicable Disease-Related Morbidity and Mortality After Natural Disasters
- Yale Program on Healthcare Environmental Sustainability. Project: Greenhouse gas emissions impacts of pandemic-related telehealth expansion
You can find interviews with our Summer 2020 interns, who worked with the Connecticut Department of Public Health, WE ACT for Environmental Justice, and Yale’s Equity Research and Innovation Center on the YSPH news site.
- Yale School of Public Health MPH students
- Yale undergraduates in the Environmental Studies major
This is a two-stage application process.
Stage 1: Stage 1 applications are currently open to eligible students.
- Stage 2: Those students matched with a YCCCH internship will be invited to apply for YCCCH internship funding to cover their expenses. Specific application information will be provided when notified about the internship matching outcome. However, students also are encouraged to apply for internship funding from other sources since not all matched internships may be able to be funded through YCCCH.
Contact Mauro Diaz-Hernandez, YCCCH Program Administrator.