It’s impossible to completely prevent COVID-19 from entering your school. Fortunately, we now know the best ways to protect staff and students from infection - and your school from facing an outbreak.
COVID-19 resources for schools and similar organizations.
- Link: Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 SchoolsThe Centers for Disease Control’s guidance for K-12 schools at the beginning of the 2021 - 22 school year.
- Safer Schools and Campuses Best Practices Clearinghouse This US Department of Education site includes sections on health and safety; providing support to students and families; and providing support to educators and staff.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Safe SchoolsThe American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for COVID-19 safety in schools.
- In-School PreventionCOVID-Safe Schools provides capsule summaries of the latest news, research, and recommendations for COVID-19 mitigation in the K-12 setting.
- COVID-19 hasn’t gone away - instead, it’s mutatedThis CDC tool allows you to track COVID cases, deaths, testing, variants, and more. Some information is presented at the state level, other info at the county level.
- State-by-State DirectoryLinks to the official guidelines and requirements for school COVID-19 mitigation in each state.
Don’t forget the Swiss cheese analogy!
More layers of mitigation = more safety.
Important Regulatory Information about SalivaDirect™
SalivaDirect™has not been FDA cleared or approved. It has been authorized by the FDA under an emergency use authorization for use by authorized laboratories. The test has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens. This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.