for laboratories, diagnostic developers, academics
About the Conference
After more than two years of responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through deploying accessible and equitable saliva-based testing solutions, SalivaDirect™ is calling on all of our wonderful partners, collaborators, and stakeholders to convene for our first-ever conference.
On July 28th-29th, we will meet in the Windy City of Chicago, IL to highlight the successes, partnerships, and advances we have made through our collective pandemic response. This two-day event will include talks and panels featuring our laboratory network and leaders in the diagnostic world, provide opportunities for networking and collaboration, and includes an interactive brain-storm session discussing the future of SalivaDirect™’s work.
(subject to change)
Day one (July 28, 2022)
- 3:00 pm: Registration opens
- 4:00 pm: Welcome talk
- 5:30 pm: Welcome reception + networking
Day two (July 29, 2022)
- 08:00 am: Breakfast
- 09:00 am: Welcome
- 09:15 am: Discussion of the ‘testing landscape’ over the last two years
- 10:00 am: Panel with SalivaDirect Labs
- 10:45 am: Coffee break
- 11:15 am: Invited speaker one (or named sponsor)
- 12:00 pm: Keynote: SalivaDirect Past, Present, and Future (Dr. Anne Wyllie)
- 12:45 pm: Lunch
- 1:30 pm: SalivaDirect and your business (+ labs and/or named sponsor) w/ Q+A session
- 2:15 pm: SalivaDirect and community testing: refugee testing, schools, etc. (panel discussion with key partners)
- 3:00 pm: Invited speaker two (or named sponsor)
- 3:30 pm: Coffee break
- 3:45 pm: Future of public health panel
- 4:00 pm: Annual Meeting: What do you want to see next for SalivaDirect and the lab network? (facilitated brainstorming session)
- 5:30 pm: Reception/Dinner + networking
Health and Safety at the Conference
To ensure maximum safety, SalivaDirect has instituted mandatory health and safety protocols for all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and staff who attend in person. Attendees that cannot participate because of this policy, or due to travel restrictions, are encouraged to participate using our virtual event platform. All in-person attendees must agree to SalivaDirect™’s and the Hotel’s Code of Conduct. We are constantly taking measures to keep our guests safe and limit the spread of COVID-19. Due to the uptick of COVID-19 cases across the country, all guests must adhere to the following safety measure. Please note that these protocols are subject to change as we continue to learn more.
All in-person attendees must:
- Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You will be asked to present your vaccination card (or a photo of it) at registration.
- Have a negative COVID-19 test result from an FDA-authorized over-the-counter antigen test within 24 hours prior to arriving at the event. You will be asked for your results at registration.
- Follow all safety protocols set by event staff, including masking
- Not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 (even if you don’t feel sick)
- Wash your hands frequently
- Be respectful and considerate of your fellow attendees
333 North Green Street
Fulton Market District, Chicago