Research & Publications
During my Ms and Ph.D., my focus was on understanding the vector pathogen interaction at the molecular level. I'm currently working with essential sialome proteins of the Tsetse fly Glossina morsitans. Previous results showed differential regulation in these proteins in the presence of parasite. I intend to understand their role when the insect is infected with Trypanosoma brucei and if these proteins are essential for the establishment of the parasite inside the fly and how the parasite can deregulate them.
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral fellowshipRene Rachou Research Institute, Fiocruz (2019)
- PhDRene Rachou Research Institute-FIOCRUZ, Health Science (2016)
- Visiting Fellow - PhDin National Institutes of Health (2015)
- MScRene Rachou Research Institute-FIOCRUZ, Health Science (2012)
- BScBachelor in Biology. Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais- Brazil. (2009)