I’m most proud of scaling a 21-day wellbeing audio program that we co-wrote with our partners in India to 5,000 individuals, including Covid-19 patients during the spike this spring. The program has been proven numerous times to increase emotional awareness and regulation, as well as decrease stress. This fall, the local government will make the program available to 50,000 educators.”
The Rita Wilson Seed Grant Fund in Support of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The Rita Wilson Seed Grant Fund in support of Innovation and Entrepreneurship will award seed grants in amounts of $1,000 to $2,500 for innovative solutions which address a health or education challenge that disproportionately impacts low-income communities in the United States or low-resource countries.
The seed fund was created in 2019 with a generous gift to the Yale School of Public Health. The gift is managed by InnovateHealth Yale based at the Yale School of Public Health.
The cycle for this year has closed and will open again Fall of 2021.
To learn more and get support with your venture, Schedule office hours with Fatema Basrai, Director of Innovation.
- Who can apply for this prize?
- A current Yale student must be the team leader. Additional team members can be inside or outside of Yale.
- What types of ventures are applicable for this prize?
- Any student-led venture which addresses a health or education challenge that disproportionately impacts low-income communities in the United States or low-resource countries. The ventures can be for-profit or non-profit ventures.
- What regions should ventures be serving?
- Ventures should be focused on low-income communities in the United States or low-resource countries.
- Can I apply for both the Thorne prize and the Wilson prize?
If your venture fits both categories, you may apply for both. Reviewers and judges for both prizes are different and if selected, you will only be chosen as a finalist for one prize.
Thorne Wilson Funding Amount: $25,000 Funding Amount: $10,000 Focus: Social Innovation in Health or Education Focus: Technological solutions to address health disparities Region: Domestic and/or International Region: Domestic Only
- How can I best prepare my application and receive feedback?
- Schedule office hours with Fatema Basrai, Director of Innovation.