In collaboration with global partners, our GHLI team conducts and disseminates research to improve health system performance and health outcomes. We use leading-edge research methods, including positive deviance and mixed methods, to pursue discoveries in several focal areas:
- Health outcomes and quality of care in diverse settings and their organizational, contextual, and socioeconomic determinants.
- Essential components of leadership and organizational culture change, including how they lead to flexible, efficient and effective health organizations and systems.
- Efforts to improve management capacity across health care systems.
- Evaluation of complex interventions to improve organizational and health systems performance, identifying factors required to embed, sustain, and scale successful health interventions.
- Decades of research have shown that social determinants of health play crucial roles that influence health outcomes.
- Leadership is essential in the establishment of effective organizational culture to drive achievement of health targets.
- Management development programs for health care.
- A framework for understanding what works in scaling up evidence-based health interventions in low-income countries.
- Cutting edge research methods, including positive deviance and mixed methods.