Summer International Program in Environmental Health Sciences (SIPEHS)
July 19-30, 2021
SIPEHS is an intensive short-term summer program which introduces exciting emerging topics and research tools in environmental health sciences to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and health care professionals. SIPEHS also introduces the Department of Environmental Health Sciences (EHS) at Yale School of Public Health (YSPH) to these students. The purpose of SIPEHS is to motivate participants to pursue higher education and careers in environmental health sciences and public health by exposing them to major emerging topics and research tools.
Areas of Study
- Climate and energy impacts on health
- The developmental origins of human disease
- Green chemistry solutions
- Understanding and overcoming environmental health disparities
- Novel approaches to assessing environmental exposures and early biomarkers of effect
- Applications and implications in major human diseases (e.g. cancer and COVID-19)
Daily activities will include 2-4 hrs of lectures followed by thematic discussions. Participants will gain an understanding of the scholarly research process through lectures by EHS faculty members as well as through direct interactions with EHS faculty. Participants will also be introduced to the U.S. higher education system. In addition, participants will learn about Yale and YSPH, the admissions process, career directions in environmental health sciences, and participate in cultural and social activities on campus.Outcomes: At completion of the SIPEHS program, participants will have an introductory understanding of major emerging topics and research tools in environmental health sciences, a clear understanding of EHS and YSPH programs and the admissions process, exposure to on-going research, and a strong relationship with EHS faculty members.
A certificate of participation will be provided.
Tuition and Fees: $2,500
Includes on-line course and instruction.
- Cancellation prior to July 20, 2021 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation after July 20, no refund.
Deadline: July 19, 2021